Corporate & Special Events Manager
- Create and develop sales initiatives to generate sales of corporate events and special events including but not limited company outings, team building, school field trips, bar mitzvahs, etc.
- Create and develop new marketing concepts to generate new revenue streams and excellent customer service.
- Generate sales of programs through cold calling with a minimum amount of calls per day/week, networking/building relationships and appointment setting.
- Responsible for internal marketing efforts by maintaining website updates, data bases, and preparing contracts.
- Acts as liaison and representative with a variety of community groups, schools and councils.
- Assist the General Manager with other projects as needed. Communicate with the Sports Director and coaches on a weekly basis for scheduling of all current programs, rentals, and events; and develop and monitor the monthly calendar of events.
- Actively participate in other operational functions as necessary including, but not limited to event setup and execution, attending all scheduled events and meetings, assisting other departments during outside or special events, etc.
- Scheduling and staffing of all birthday parties, special and corporate events.
- Oversee all equipment and party rentals.
- Provide direction to and supervising regular, temporary and volunteer staff in accordance with the facilities activities and events.
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, nights and holidays.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, corporate event planning or related field
- 1-3 years appropriate experience required.
To apply send resume and Cover letter to GM@athleticocenter.com